Monday 19 October 2009

All about the fundamentals

"A strong house is built on strong foundations."

Wise words, but it flys in the face of what p2p is about, so lets rephrase it:

A strong house is built on blind optimism, sticking heads in sand and miserly intentions.

There, much better.....

Joking aside, for this project to have a chance of working we need to detail how much we can spend on a car. I'm undertaking this with two other people, who for now will remain nameless (this may change), I've suggested contribution of £500, creating a budget of £1500.

I think £500 each is enough to give us some flexibility without taxing our wallets too much.

Insurance, repairs, tax etc all need to come out of this budget, although the car may change this (e.g. if its a classic car we can arrange classic insurance which is much cheaper). Storage of the beast will need to have a separate fund as its currently unknown how much it will actually cost at this point.

I think that I'll come back to this poster later on in the project and laugh at how wrong my initial calculations were......

No comments:

Post a Comment